Concept level.

Whatever you want - youtube channel, site, original art
Fear57

Concept level.

Postby Fear57 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Found an easy beginner game maker on Steam and decided to give it a run. After 8 hours of playing around with it and learning I've created this very, very small test. I may add more to it, start from scratch, or never work on it again, who knows. Not sure if this will work correctly for other people since the kit is in Early Access. If you can't go through a door back up and keep trying, if that doesn't work, keep trying to enter, door and gate is touchy. After completion hit Continue and you will be returned to the main menu. Be sure to pick up the firearm at the start next to the corpse at the start of the level. Don't feel bad to say how much it sucks or how short it is. :lol:

Story: Blah blah blah gate locks behind you blah blah blah creepy building, blah blah find key, blah blah escape.

This is short and should take you literally less than a minute to complete.

Download, compressed file so click on the arrow with a line under it on top of the screen: [removed, project finished]
Unzip to your desktop, open folder and launch Concept Test.

Controls:
W: Forward
S: Backward
A: Strafe Left
D: Strafe Right
F: Flashlight
E: Open doors, pickup objects
Left Mouse: Fire
Right Mouse (Hold): Aim
R: Reload
ESC: Pause, select settings, etc.
Last edited by Fear57 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben

Re: Concept level.

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:10 am

Cool. I checked it out. Great job for 8 hours. Ran good on my system. I got stuck in the gate at the end for a second but I managed to get by. You might want to lower the lighting if that's an option. You should keep it going with some more levels.
--
Sent from my Motorola 8000X

Fear57

Postby Fear57 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Yeah, the lighting is a curse on this. It's just a brightness option for now. The software itself is still in development, so there's a literally an amount of 1 between too bright and can't see shit. Started from scratch and am adding more parts and making the building bigger, here's what I have so far. This was only a half hour of work but I want it be around the five, ten minute mark when it's finished.

Got some small amount of lighting to work.

Edit: After 2 hours of making it's as done as I can get it. The gate and front door were so buggy I just removed them. Controls are the same as the last time. Take your time and explore a little, there's a key in the church to find. The key to the church is on the market stand.

Download: [removed, project finished]

Story (Yes, it's been done before): All your life you've heard rumors of an abandoned building up in the mountains about Government experiments to make the human body stronger and faster. After years of failure the project was thrown out and specimens left to die. You travel to the site and gather your wits before entering, as there could still be military personal still on guard.

Issues:
- Gate and front door removed due to bugs.
- Enemies will not always react on time, give them time.
- Lighting didn't render correctly.

Ben

Postby Ben » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Downloading it now
--

Fear57

Postby Fear57 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Let me know what you think. It's not too long and I'm still adding more to it. I want it to start on the outside of a small village and work your way up to the building and then you escape from that. Hoping once that's done play time should be around 5, 10 minutes.

Ben

Postby Ben » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:12 pm

I didn't get stuck in the doors this time. It was a little laggy, but that might be because I've got 100 programs open. Sometimes the zombies would freeze in place. I like it. Level design was a lot better this time.
--

Fear57

Postby Fear57 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:37 pm

I've increased the original concept level. Instead of finding the key to the gates you entered, you must reach the exit. After three hours of placement and testing it's still short in length, the doors still sometimes give trouble and it lags like a bitch if you have any other programs open. Control layout is the same as before, made it more dark and much more detail to props. Maybe one day I'll be able to get it where I want it, but right now since there's not enough props and the program is still in development, this is as close as I can make it.

Download: [removed, project finished]

Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:39 am

The lighting is better but I think I preferred the other versions. I liked how you could go inside or outside. The second one was the most challenging.
--

Fear57

Postby Fear57 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Hope you like the final version then. Here's what I have so far, just need to add props and such. The orange square is where you exit and the green dot with arrow is where you start.

Edit:
FINISHED! Started new thread, The Horror in the Hills.

Anonymous_Maniac

Postby Anonymous_Maniac » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:10 am

Where's the download link? : :?: :?: :?: :? :?

Return to “Post your stuff”